Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanks, Rotarians!

I was blessed to be invited to the Conway Rotary Club for their weekly meeting today. Being that I am a full-fledged Kiwanian, I thought it would be fun to see how the other civic clubs handle themselves. I was very impressed by the people I met and how kind and friendly they all are.

Like most civic clubs, they have speakers from the community (who may not have anything to do with the Rotarians normally) come to speak about their fields of expertise. Today, the presentation was a bit different. Twenty years ago this month, women were first allowed to join the Rotarians. The speakers were three former female members who had key roles in the early days of Rotary welcoming women. It was enlightening to hear about the struggles and obstacles they overcame.

Thanks to the Rotarians for welcoming me into their meeting!



No comments:

Post a Comment