Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How's the market?

Real estate agents (like me!) get asked one particular question on a semi-daily basis, "How's the real estate market?"  Most of us will give you a pat answer:  Great! or Fantastic! or Couldn't be better!  Other agents will say that it is just horrible.  Still others say that it is just ok.  I personally try to back up my answer with some actual data.

In January 2008, single-family, residential  house sales were a little over $330,000,000.  In January of this year, the figure jumped to almost $370,000,000.  That's $40,000,000 in additional sales.  An increase of over 9% since a year ago!  Conway real estate is (compared to the rest of the nation) simply booming.

When people ask me about the market, I'm ready with a response...."The market is going great!"

No comments:

Post a Comment